Eats: Fast Whole 30 Breakfast Frittata
(This is basically the same recipe as the book, but condensed down for a person with a busy lifestyle.)
a dash of salt
pepper as needed
a hand full of spinach chopped
1/8 of a onion chopped
8 cherry tomatoes
slice of lemon
- Turn on the stove to medium heat, and place your nonstick pan on the burner to start heating.
- Beat 3 eggs mix in salt and pepper.
- Using the Herb Chopper, chop the spinach. (I personally don’t like biting into whole spinach cooked. That is why I chose to chop the spinach up. You can prepare it however you deem pleasing.)
- Chop up the onion. (I also used the Herb Chopper for this, because the knife rocks back and forth making it easy to chop the onion into small pieces faster.)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in slices making it easier to cook down.
- Throw it all into the mixing bowl, and stir well.
- Put a little olive oil on the pan and pour your Frittata evenly into the pan.
- let it cook until mostly hardened, then flip to finish off the top.
Also if you are even more pressed for time try chopping up the onions and tomatoes ahead of time. They can also be stored in the freezer and brought out on a later date.
I tweaked the recipe so I would have no excuses, but to prepare a healthy dish in the morning. It’s very easy to make, and fills you up fast. Try it out yourself and let me know how it went in the comments below.
Check out the Whole 30 book if you are interested in more recipes on how to become less food addicted and more fuel driven.
The Herb Chopper is still available at the Jordan Creek Williams Sonoma.
xoxo – Mads